Below is a short bone conduction headphones review:
HOW BONE CONDUCTION HEADPHONE WORKS:
Ludwig Van Beethoven discovered bone conduction in 18th century. He was completely deaf. He was a famous composer and was completely deaf. Beethoven found an incredible solution to hear music through his jawbone by biting a road attached to his piano.
Bone conduction headphone works on the mechanism of bone conduction. In this mechanism sound waves are converted into vibrations, these vibrations bypass the outer and middle ear and reach cochlea directly without the involvement of eardrums through cheek bones, jaw bones or head bones.
SAFER MEDIUM TO ENJOY MUSIC:
Eardrums are extremely delicate and sensitive, they allow us to hear variety of noises. Hearing loud sounds for a long period can damage your eardrums and eventually it will cause permanent hearing loss, the condition gets worse as you get older.
Bone conduction headphone do not cover your ears, it leaves your ears free so you can be aware of what’s going on in your surrounding while enjoying safer, high quality and risk-free music.
BONE CONDUCTION HEADPHONE FOR DEAF:
There are four types of hearing loss which are:
- Auditory processing disorders
Bone conduction technology only works for conductive hearing loss, it is ineffective for the rest of hearing disorders. It works like hearing aid for the people who are suffering from conductive hearing-impairment. It provides quality audio streams for the people who are almost completely deaf and for the people who are suffering from one-sided hearing loss.
One of the best bone conduction headphone for deaf is:
AfterShokz Trekz Titanium wireless bone conduction headphone:
- These headphones provide unique and extraordinary audio quality, no matter if you’re in a noisy surrounding or resting.
- Sound waves are converted into vibrations and then they directly reaches to the internal ear and its off-centre feature is that it does not occupy your ear. It leaves your ear free.
- They definitely do not sound as good as regular headphones but they are not bad either, actually they provide good quality and safer audio.
BONE CONDUCTION HEADPHONE FOR SWIMMING:
People who want to enjoy their favorite playlist under water should consider bone conduction headphone as they provide better and safer medium to hear music. While swimming you don’t have to worry about earphones slipping off because bone conduction headphone leaves your ears free, they get attached to your skull bone or cheek bone very tightly. You can wrap them around your neck or head very easily as they are light weight and handy.
Some of the best waterproof bone conduction headphones are:
- Audio bone
- Finis duo
- It is available in variety of colors and Its weight is about 1.3 ounces.
- They are waterproof and are available in U-shape design. Their cost is about $190.
- It is an underwater MP3 player. Its cost is about $132
- It supports MP3 and WMA audio formats and has USB magnetic dock (having silver, circle shaped magnet) for data transfer and charging
- Beker is more like a speaker than headphones. Its cost is about $119.99
- It has 8GB memory, it can store up to 2000 songs.
Bone conduction headphone provides safer medium to hear your favorite playlist. But the fact is that they also cause some hearing disorders but these disorders are not as severe as the disorders caused by regular headphones. They definitely do not provide clearer and higher quality audio streams but they are not bad either.